Are you allowing the opinions of others to keep you from living your life to the fullest? Do you find yourself making decisions to impress or satisfy others? Take the necessary steps to reduce the social pressure present in your life. Life is short. Be certain you’re living the life you deserve.
We’re all limited to some extent by the need for approval or admiration of others. More accurately, we’re motivated by the fear of being judged harshly by others. All limitations are frustrating, but it’s much more frustrating when the limits are self-imposed. We all want to live a life free of social pressure. Here are five tips to do that:
LEARN TO BE PRESENT
– All anxiety is ultimately self-created. You have to think negative thoughts in order to worry about what others are thinking.
– Stay 100% focused on the task. If you can do that, anxiety becomes a thing of the past. Learn to direct your thoughts and maintain your focus.
GAIN SOME PERSPECTIVE
– The social fears you had as a child probably seem silly now. Likewise, the ones you have now won’t matter years from now.
– The people that matter won’t judge you, and those that judge you don’t matter.
– Life is too short to let others dictate your actions.
– Instead of tackling the most stressful situations, start small. Share your opinion on the movie you just saw. Change your style of dress a little at a time.
– Develop a hierarchy and work your way down the list.
– What do you dream of doing but avoid because you fear the judgement of others? Is it getting a tattoo? Singing karaoke? Writing a novel?
– Have a goal that excites you and create the necessary steps to get there. Having a goal can keep your plans on track during those times you struggle.
– Afformations are empowering questions that immediately change your subconscious thought patterns from negative to positive.
– A simple afformation like, “Why am I allowed to be, do and have all that I want in life?” can have a strong effect. Try it. Right now. Do you know what your brain is doing right now? Your brain is now SEARCHING for the answer!
– Give yourself to the question by doing things like:
- Meditating about your Afformations
- Writing your Afformations
- Reading them to yourself and others